Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Come Fry with Me, Come Fry, Come Fry, Come Fry

Yeah, yeah I know I've been slack. Perhaps I'll revamp this blog, perhaps I won't, I just don't know.
Continuing the theme of my personal notebook, I've been trying out all those lean cuisines/healthy choice/airline frozen meals.

They're actually not too bad when you compare to them to the slop you get at the cafeterias at the places I've worked. They're slightly cheaper, if you buy what's on special you can get them for under $5 which is actually cheaper than most cafeteria meals. Surprisingly they actually taste better than the stuff that passes for food at cafeterias.

Oh and apparently they're better for you and judging by the nutrition box they are. They're also actually quite filling which is a surprise given that most of them contain only a quarter of your daily energy intake at the most. After some soup, yoghurt, fruit and salad this manchild feels quite full by the end of a day.

Here's a summary of my frozen meal findings so far with the meal name and ratings for taste, texture and how filling they are (5 stars max for each from bad, poor, okay, good to excellent):
Plenty of water, tea and diet soft drinks also help keep a fat bastard quite full. Here's a few of my favourite ones so far:
  • Pepsi Max: I hardly ever drink Pepsi, yet this is a favourite, definitely beats Coke Zero.
  • Sprite Zero: Not too much of a weird taste to it, still very lemonadey.
  • Fanta Zero: Actually I'd say this is better than normal Fanta, as it's not as cloyingly sweet.
  • Schweppes Diet Dry Ginger Ale: All that gingeriness hides the artificialness quite well.
  • Solo Sub: Again the lemon tang hides that saccharine sweetness quite well, then again some days I'm ambivalent.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home