Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dust Me Selector

Car Wars: Episode IV

After looking in and around the CRV and test driving it was growing on me quickly and I was really impressed. The test drive showed me that the CRV had handling and responsiveness about as good as a sedan. As it was about the same length and width as a sedan it was fairly good at maneuvering and felt fairly stable as the centre-of-gravity was fairly low.

Being rather pleased with it overall I was ready to do a deal, of course not making it too obvious that I was set on it. First though I had to decide which model to get, I had a choice of three: base, Extra and Sport. I settled on the CR-V Extra as that had 16" alloy wheels and side airbags for the front seat for $1,600 more which was a bit cheaper than adding all that to the base model with the bonus of the Extra brand.

The Sport had a sunroof, colour coded bumpers, fog lamps and six stacker CD player with MP3 capability.However I didn't really want the sunroof and lamps and the colour coded bumpers would get scratched too easily off the road and with my careless parking. Furthermore the stacker could always be substituted for a better unit later on. Having made up my mind on what model to get the next phase was hammering out a price for the trade in.

To be continued...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home